Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Buttons Restaurant, Food & Music for the Soul - "Old School Pot Roast"

"Old School Pot Roast - Tender pulled roast beef with mushrooms, baby carrots . Served with garlic smashed potatoes, cabbage and fried onion rings."

Well, as you can see, I did not get the cabbage.  I requested that they substitute the cabbage for their Collard Greens.  I have heard TOO MANY good things about their greens and have smelled the greens one night I was there for a birthday party, and they smelled SOO good, so...I HAD to get them this time. J

So...Pot Roast w/Potatoes, Mushrooms & Carrots...this roast was SO tender, it almost melted in my mouth.  The gravy from the roast that the potatoes, carrots and mushrooms sat in was seasoned to PERFECTION!  There was a side of baby carrots w/a sweet glaze,  the carrots were cooked just right, not too hard and not too soft and the sweet glaze was WONDERFUL, it added just the right hint of sweetness to this dish.  The Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Collard Greens…Mmm!!  Now, I DO NOT eat everyone’s greens, but those greens, those greens right there...they were SOOOO good!!!  They had just the right amount of seasoning to them and they had this smoked flavor that was to die for.  I think I’ll try to get this flavor in my greens the next time I cook some.  SOO good!!!

Now, I didn't get a good pic of my dessert, but I did have dessert.  "Buttons' Peach Cobbler - Fresh sweet Georgia peaches with citrus zest, cinnamon & nutmeg baked in a flaky pastry topped with Blue Bell Homemade vanilla ice cream"…this was GREAT!!!  Sometimes I’ll order Peach Cobbler and can’t eat it all because it’s too sweet, but this was not too sweet at all, it had the perfect amount of flavor and the vanilla ice cream topped it off.  It was WONDERFUL!!!  I will not hesitate to go back to this place & try some of their other dishes.  Great food, Great music, Great Atmosphere 5 STARS!!! J

2 comments:

  1. From reading your description, you make me want to grab the next flight to Texas! However, when reality sets in, I'll make due with just reading about this wonderful meal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You're welcome. This place really is delicious!!! Great Jazz music too. :-)

    ReplyDelete